Core Values Scholarship
Congratulations to this year's Core Values Scholarship winner: Joanna Rodriguez!
The core values of the WSU Foundation are:
|An obligation to honesty and openness with accountability, not only to ourselves but to others.
|A reliance upon the professionalism of our colleagues with acknowledgement that all are equally valued.
|A commitment to enhancing trust, respect and diversity.
|A practice of personally performing to a standard that is always exceptional.
These values were identified in a collective effort by WSU Foundation staff members to take ownership of the organization’s philosophy.
The purpose of the Core Values Scholarship is to support a student who exemplifies the core values of the WSU Foundation. In keeping with the core value of relationships, the WSU Foundation is hopeful of the following outcomes:
- To enhance the recipient’s understanding of the WSU Foundation and how the organization carries out its mission for the university, and
- To gain insight into the campus experience of the recipient through regular written correspondence, thereby enhancing workplace satisfaction and fulfillment for WSU Foundation support staff members who do not often see the tangible results of their contributions
The Core Values Scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $1,000 for the academic year, split between the fall & spring semesters.
Application Deadline: Applications for 2015 will be available in April
Recipients will be required to attend an orientation session in the fall (to be coordinated with the student’s schedule), and the general scholarship luncheon in the spring. Recipients are also expected to respond to periodic email communication from the WSU Foundation during the academic year of their award. Responses may be shared with Foundation staff.
OPTIONAL: Recipients will be invited to attend various Foundation functions throughout the academic year.
- Scholarship(s) will be awarded annually to a student(s) enrolled either part time or full time at Wichita State University.
- No recipient will be excluded from consideration based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a veteran or disability.
- Award(s) will be made with regard to financial need determined by the FAFSA and/or the personal statement of need.
- Recipient(s) must have and maintain a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- Applicants must submit a 500 word essay describing how they exemplify the WSU Foundation’s core values of Integrity, Relationships, Teamwork, and Service.
- The Scholarship Office, a department within the Division of Campus Life and University Relations of Wichita State University, will administer the scholarship(s) and make the award(s) based on recommendations submitted by the WSU Foundation, Core Values Scholarship Committee.
- The scholarship(s) may not be renewed.