Core Values Scholarship
Applications are now being accepted for 2013-2014.
Application deadline is June 15, 2013.
The core values of the WSU Foundation are:
|An obligation to honesty and openness with accountability, not only to ourselves but to others.
|A reliance upon the professionalism of our colleagues with acknowledgement that all are equally valued.
|A commitment to enhancing trust, respect and diversity.
|A practice of personally performing to a standard that is always exceptional.
These values were identified in a collective effort by WSU Foundation staff members to take ownership of the organization’s philosophy.
The purpose of the Core Values Scholarship is to support an undergraduate student who exemplifies the core values of the WSU Foundation. In keeping with the core value of relationships, the WSU Foundation is hopeful of the following outcomes:
- To enhance the recipient’s understanding of the WSU Foundation and how the organization carries out its mission for the university, and
- To provide networking opportunities for the recipient, which are created through student attendance at WSU Foundation events (see below)
The Core Values Scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $1,000 for the academic year, split between the fall and spring semesters. Application Deadline: June 15, 2013.
Download the Application
Recipients will be expected to attend an orientation session in the fall (to be coordinated with the student’s schedule), and the general scholarship luncheon in the spring.
While not required, recipients also will be invited and encouraged to attend various WSU Foundation functions throughout the academic year.
- Scholarship(s) will be awarded annually to a student(s) enrolled either part time or full time at Wichita State University.
- No recipient will be excluded from consideration based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a veteran or disability.
- Award(s) will be made with regard to financial need determined by the FAFSA and/or the personal statement of need.
- Recipient(s) must have and maintain a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- Applicants must submit a 500-word essay describing how they exemplify the WSU Foundation’s core values of integrity, relationships, teamwork, and service.
- The Scholarship Office, a department within the Division of Campus Life and University Relations of Wichita State University, will administer the scholarship(s) and make the award(s) based on recommendations submitted by the WSU Foundation Core Values Scholarship Committee.
- The scholarship(s) may not be renewed.