Student Caller - Annual Fund
View University Openings
The Wichita State University Foundation seeks a high-performing, motivated advancement professional to serve in the position of Graphic Designer for an emerging comprehensive campaign.
The primary responsibilities of the Graphic Designer are to conceptualize and create finished artwork for use in a wide range of print and digital media. This position is also responsible for overall art direction, photo direction and press checks for WSU Foundation projects. Additionally, this position may share in the social media responsibilities with the Digital Communication Specialist and could take photos at events and for materials. Candidates that will be considered for this position will exemplify the Foundation’s core values and represent the WSU Foundation in a professional manner while creating a positive image with all constituencies.
- High school diploma
- Four years of experience in graphic art, design or commercial art
Education may be substituted for experience as determined by the WSU Foundation
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Technical understanding of four-color printing
- Technical understanding of digital printing
- Ability to exhibit a high level of creativity under tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and accurate written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design
- Experience writing specifications for vendors
- Experience coordinating photo shoots and directing talent
- Experience in social media: posting for Facebook and Twitter, and developing and implementing social media campaigns
- Experience with photography
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator
As an independently incorporated not-for-profit organization, the WSU Foundation’s mission is “to enhance a community of learning excellence for our students and faculty through philanthropy and stewardship” by facilitating the philanthropic interests of donors with the educational needs of WSU students, faculty and staff. The Foundation employs more than 40 staff serving in fundraising, accounting, communications, administrative and support roles. In this fast-paced, fulfilling environment, the Foundation manages nearly $260 million in net assets and secured more than $31.4 million in new gifts from over 13,700 donors during the 2014 fiscal year. The Foundation is housed in the Woodman Alumni Center.
The hourly rate for this position is $16.00, 40 hours per week. Please submit cover letter, which addresses each of the outlined qualifications, resume, three work samples, including postcards, invitations and advertisements and application (download application) to:
Human Resources Manager
1845 Fairmount St. – Campus Box 2
Wichita, KS 67260-0002
Application deadline: July 12, 2015, or until position is filled.
WSU Foundation is an EOE employer.