Wichita State dean searches update
Updated: October 1, 2013 - (College of Engineering update)
Here’s a look at the status of each college:
- College of Health Professions:
- Keith Pickus has been named interim dean of Wichita State's College of Health Professions, effective Aug. 5. He will serve in that capacity for the 2013-2014 academic year. Pickus replaced current dean Peter Cohen, who announced this past fall that he would step down from the dean position to assume a faculty role at WSU.
- College of Engineering:
- W. Frank Barton School of Business: Cindy Claycomb, professor of marketing and the Neff Family Fellow in Business, was named interim dean in early May. Douglas Hensler announced in April that he is leaving to become provost at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, Calif. A search committee will begin its work this fall with a goal of having a new dean in place by summer 2014.
- College of Education:
- Shirley Lefever-Davis was named interim dean of the College of Education effective June 9, according to Keith Pickus, interim provost at Wichita State University. Lefever-Davis will be interim dean for the 2013-2014 academic year while a national search is conducted for a permanent dean.Sharon Iorio stepped down as dean in June to begin a phased-in retirement over the next year or two.
- Fairmount College of Liberal Arts & Sciences: Ron Matson has agreed to serve for three years as interim dean. The coming academic year will be his second year. A dean’s search will begin next year. Bill Bischoff stepped down as dean in June 2012 to return to the faculty.