Al and Dolly Nagel met while working at Gambles, an appliance and furniture store, in Leoti, Kan., in 1962. They married and after moving to Wichita, Kan., in 1967, they owned several apartment complexes including Twin Rivers and Kingston Cove. Although neither attended Wichita State University, they were regular attendees of baseball and basketball games, eventually becoming season ticket holders. Through the years, they were generous supporters of Shocker athletics and were members of the Society of 1895. Through their estate, in 2004, the Alvin W.E. and Dolly P. Nagel Endowed Business Scholarship was established. This scholarship is awarded to those business administration students who are members of the WSU baseball team and is a lasting reflection of the Nagels unconditional support of WSU.